Sunday 29 June 2014

Day 8 - Alice Springs

Today we went site seeing. We drove over to the West Mcdonall Ranges to look at some of the gorges that are in the My Swag booklet Dad got before the trip. So we all woke up and Mum made lunches for us while Dad and I got ready for the day. Soon enough we left but first we had to find an information centre and that took us a while because the GPS took us to a tour info not an actual information centre. So we finally found it and then went and brought Dad a belt.

After we had finished our shopping we drove to Simpsons Gap. We took a walk down a rocky path with rocks and pebbles everywhere and finally came out at a really big gap in the rock walls. I guess that's where the gap came from.. Anyway we saw it when the sun was on the walls and it looked really pretty. It was above a dried up river so we walked back down to the car on the river bed. 



Our next stop was Standly Chasm. This one we had to pay to get into because it is privetly owned but in my opinion it was worth it. The path there was rocky and narrow but when we finally got there it loooked dark and gloomy. There was an all girls private school there too so it was really loud but we were waiting for 12:00pm so we could see the sun when it was right above the chasm. The school left just before 12 and it suddenly went like dead silent. So it came 12:00 and the sun wasn't above the chasm. Turns out we had to wait and watch it cross the chasm. We watched it until it was about half way and then we took a couple good photos and left. I admit that it was getting quite boring watching the sun. After we had made our way back we sat on a nice grassy area in the sun and ate lunch. Dad and I had cheese and bacon rolls (YUM!!) and Mum had a sandwich. So we ate up and then drove to our next stop.



After lunch we drove a few km up the road to Ellery Creek. It was a 5 minute walk and when we got down there it was beautiful! There was a massive lake which you could swim in but when we felt the water it was freezing! I don't know why anyone would want to swim in that, even if it is 40 degrees.  So we sat down next to the lake and it was nice and peaceful. We got up to leave and Dad went to push me in! So all the way up the path we were trying to push each other into the bushes. Sadly every time I pushed him he would hardly move. :(



We visited one last place after that and that was Serpentine Gorge. The walk was 1.1km and yet again rocky and pebbly. I almost fell over a few times, oops! Haha anyway so when we finally got there it was amazing. It was cold and a bit dark but the water and the cliffs looked GORGEous! (Get what I did there?? Haha) After a bit we went back and we were thinking of going up to the lookout but it was really steep and another 15 minutes or something. So we made our way back to camp.


Later on we went and sat with Linda, Kristin and Taylor at there tent to watch a guy play the digeredoo. He was really good too. When he was almost finished Taylor, Indi, Darcy, Kiara and I went to the jumping pillow. We had a lot of fun but then we remembered the My Swag meet and greet and went back. When we got there the Dads hadn't cooked dinner yet so us kids went on the playground and played playground tiggy. Soon enough though dinner was ready which I was happy for and in the end I ate 3 sausages and 3 kababs. Shouldn't have done that! I felt sick and tired after that so when everyone started leaving I said bye to the others and went to bed. I got in bed and read my book for about and hour and then we all went to sleep. 

Tomorrow we will be doing some more things but around the town more and hopefully we get to go to the reptile centre. :)

Today's blog was done by Chloe

2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your amazing camera Heales, oh and the things you're taking photos of :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. chloe you are weak! hahahaha

    ReplyDelete