Monday 30 June 2014

Day 9 - Last day at Alice

Today is our last full day in Alice and we did some more site seeing. This stuff was all around town though so we didn't have to drive very far. When I woke up the park was making free pancakes for everyone who wanted in the camp kitchen right next to our tent. The line was massive so I didn't get any but Dad made bacon and eggs instead which was Yummy! We then started getting ready and waiting for Dad to finish what he was doing to the car and the trailer and for Mums washing to finish.

Finally we could after about an hour of waiting, but our first stop was the reptile house! I got to go! Haha so when we walked in they were just starting a talk so we quickly joined in and watched. When it got to the end the girl handed someone Twix the blue tongue lizzard and Hailey the bearded dragon. Next she asked who wanted to hold Suzie Q the olive python. A man got in there before me but after a few minutes I said that I would like a go and the handed Suzie Q over to me. She was quite heavy but once she had curled around me she rested her head on my arm and didn't move for like 5 minutes. It's like she fell asleep on me or something because everyone else who held her she was curling around and moving a lot so maybe I'm a snake whisperer... Haha I sat back down and got to hold Twix and Hailey as well. After that we went to look at the frogs, turtles, the fresh water crocodile and a couple other snakes. But when we were about halway a guy came and said that if we want to watch his talk on the salt water croc come now. So we went and watched him and it was really good! Quite funny too but he kept saying 'Don't go near water in the top of N.T'. He had a moon boot on and he got it from the salty biting his ancle. That would have hurt. So finished looking around and left. 



We went to look at the Royal Flying Doctors Service but it wasn't open yet so went to Todd Mall to look for a sticker for Dad and then we went to ANZAC hill. It was a good view from up there and they had a plaque for all the wars Australia has fought in and Afghanistan had 2001-... Because it's still going. After that we got KFC for lunch. It was Amazing!!!! Considering I haven't had KFC in a while and won't have any of that type of food for 3 weeks it tasted good. So by the time we finished the Royal Flying Doctors Service had opened so we went there.



At the R.F.D.S when we walked through the door the guy at the counter said I'm just about to start the tour take a seat in the theatre and pay me later. So we went into the theatre and watched a movie on the history and what the R.F.D.S is all about. After the movie he showed us a big $20 note and asked what is was. Well it looked like a $20 note to me and it was correct but what he actually wanted was for someone to point out that on the $20 note it's the R.S.D.F founder and the board they look at for patients to tell where they are bleeding or hurting from. So next time I have a $20 I'm gonna look at it. After that we went out into the gift shop and Mum and I looked around while Dad paid. Mum brought me a cup that looks like a can but you can add your own drink to it and it was a straw on top so it can't spill. Now I have a while R.S.D.F can and a pink fluffy stubbie holder. When Dad came back we walked into the museum and it was all about how they did it when it first started in the olden days. It was really cool seeing all the old radios and the first aid kits from then and now. It's changed so much since then. In the gift shop there was a model of the planes and it had everything the planes do now in it. You could pay $2 to go in and have a look and Mum asked if i wanted but I had already been in one because it went to my primary school last year. Well the Melbourne one not the Alice Springs one but still it was the same model. 



After the Royal Flying Doctors Service we drove to School of The Air. We walked through the door and again the man had just started a tour/talk thing. We sat down and listened to the end of it and it was quite interesting. After that we went back out to the front and looked at the classroom which was a green screen and a desk with 2 computers and chairs in front of it. There was a video we could watch about how they teach from that small room and the teacher was sitting at the desk and she just skyped all the kids. It was really cool. We looked around a bit more and then left and headed back to camp.

When we got back I wrote on the postcards we are sending and then Tayla and I went for a walk up to the office to put them in the mail box. When we got back I sat down and wrote yesterday's events in my journal and then we walked up to john's for drinks Tayla, Kiara and I didn't stay long because we went to the jumping pillow. That was fun until one of the schools came and all the girls sat there watching while the boys did flips and stuff. So we left and when we were about to turn down the road to John's Mum and Dad turned up so we walked back and started dinner. We had homemade pizza for dinner and it was delicious! Just.. Ugh amazing! Really good. We sat around for a bit after that and then we hopped into bed and Mum and I read for a while. 

Tomorrow we are heading off to Chambers Pillar. We're going to join in on the group on the way up there because the My Swag trip officially starts.

Today's blog was done by Chloe

 

3 comments:

  1. Wow Chloe, I really like the new scarf you are wearing at the reptile park! Just dont try and smuggle it home in the back of your car! Love Granny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Chloe, great detailed writing! I wish I was there xxx Auntie Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha a snake whisperer oh chloe :')

    i actualoly laughed hard at you eating KFC hahahahaha miss you bub xxx

    ReplyDelete