Sunday 13 July 2014

Day 16 - A big Day

Today when Mum woke me up I actually wanted to sleep all day, but I couldn't because we were going to walk the rim of Kings Canyon. So I got up and ate my very yummy bacon and eggs and then got ready. I think my legs went a bit numb because I was wearing shorts but that didn't last for long as when we got there we met up with Dave and his family, Jacko, Kiara and Darcy and Brian and Val.

The walk up was pretty hard as they weren't really steps they were big rocks we had to step onto (if that makes sense). Kiara, Darcy, Chris and I were in the front and every now and then we had to stop and wait for everyone else. When we finally got to the top everyone was relieved so we stood around and had a bit of a brake before starting the actual rim walk. The rim walk is 6km, so half of what we did the other day. It should be pretty easy and when it flattened out it was pretty easy. 



The view was amazing! It's not what you expect. I was expecting just plain rock, nothing around but there is bushes and trees and it's actually quite green. It's still really plain though but even when you look down it's like a rain forest down at the bottom. So we walked around half the rim going to a lookout which you had to cross a bridge. Then we started going down so I though we were making our way back to the car park, but nope! We just went down into the canyon which they called 'The Garden Of Eden'. It was really pretty and not a black, neverending hole that I thought it was. It had trees, bushes, flowers and a river running through it. 



After the garden we walked back up to the top of the canyon and walked the rest of the rim. When we were about 2km from the end there was a gate We had to go through because it marked the end of the small track. On the way down it was a bit slippery as it was very steep. I almost fell over a few million times but never actually fell. When we got to the bottom we refilled drink bottles and sat down before making our way to the car.



After Kings Canyon we drove to the resort to get petrol and our Mareenie Loop pass. When we had finished getting petrol and our pass we drove down the road abit to check out the helicopters. Mum and I ended up going in one for 10 minutes but that's all we needed to see Kings Canyon and some of the places around it. Dad didn't want to go so we stayed on the ground and filmed our take off and I think landing too. The view was amazing! We got to see where we walked that morning and it didn't look as big from up in the air than when we walked around it. I was so happy after that, it was just awesome!



When we got back to camp Mum and I went to look in the gift shop and see if the camels were doing rides today because yesterday the girl told us that all the camels were all pregnant. All of them! So we walked down to have a look and they were doing rides but I didn't want to because I was happy with the helicopter ride. :) on our way back mum was going to bye me a ice-cream but we saw Tracy and the kids so we stayed with them for a bit and then Mum brought me a white magnum ice-cream. It was so YUMMY!! 

That night we all sat around the fire again and us kids went and played a couple games and talked. Tomorrow we are heading to Palm Vally which is the only place where this certain type of Palm tree is found.

Today's blog is done by Chloe

No comments:

Post a Comment