Saturday 19 July 2014

Day 27 - Silverton & Broken Hill

This morning we said goodbye to Linda & Tayla, they have been travelling with us since day 1 & have been fantastic travel buddies. It will be odd waking tomorrow without seeing them but they have decided to get home a couple of days earlier than us. Sadly I didn't get to see them before they left as I was sound asleep enjoying a nice sleep in for once in four weeks.

When I did wake up Dad had just started making pancakes. They were just the shake and bakes, not homemade like Granny and I make but they were still good. So we ate some pancakes with a few birds eyeing us off for them and then got ready to drive into Broken Hill.

I had reception in Broken Hill so of course I went on my phone and checked Facebook and Instagram. We went to an information centre which was also a Gloria Jeans so we all got a hot chocolate and then went to look in the info part. The parents got some pamphlets while us kids looked at the souvinirs. I ended up buying a amethyst bracelet meaning peace. It matches my amethyst necklace of the 'Tree of Life'. 

After the information centre we drove up to the living sculptures but when we got there it was too expensive to go in so we turned around and drove to the Pro Hart Museum. That was really interesting and the lady at the desk gave us a quiz to do which was fun, until I realised you didn't get a prize at the end. :( But I loved the paintings anyway. They were really cool and we got a booklet that told us about his life and how he got the name 'Pro'. Which actually is short for Professor. We also saw his painting of a dragonfly on carpet. I was so confused when I first saw it, I was like "is that carpet??!" Yep it was definantly carpet.



After the Pro Hart Museum we drove back out to Silverton to look at some of the stuff there. We stopped out the front of the pub and took a photo of it. We were going there for dinner later on but we took a couple pics anyway and then went to look in the souvinir shop next door. There were some weird things in that shop, it was quite funny. Dad brought a sticker there to add to his collection.

We then drove up the road a little bit To the Mad Max 2 Museum. Mum, Dad, Jacko, Darcy and I all went in. Tracy, Indi and Rah stayed in the car. I didn't (well still don't) know anything about Mad Max, let alone Mad Max 2! So I had no idea what the actuall museum was about but it was pretty cool. All the costumes and cars and the pics from when they were making the movie. 


After that we walked back to the car and Indi and Rah came running to the cars saying that they just patted the donkeys and were taking selfies with the donkeys. Haha! I admit the donkeys were pretty cute and considering me and Rah have been quoting Shrek like this whole holiday, it's pretty funny. 

The Jacko's then drove back to camp while we drove the John Dynon Museum. It wasn't really a museum it was more of a shop. John Dynon himself was sitting at the counter talking to us while we looked at all his paintings. They were really nice and there were a few that I really liked but sadly couldn't buy.


After the John Dynon thing we drove around Silverton. It's actually a pretty big town and they film lots of movies here. Some of the souvineres say 'Silverton, Australia's Hollywood'. I started getting a bit hungry by now and I think Mum was too so we drove back to camp and Mum made us some really yummy toasties. When I had finished eating my toastie I went on the playground with Darcy, Indi and Rah before we went for a walk down to look at all the animals the campground had. They have a massive space full of goats, sheep, peacocks, ducks, chickens and all different types of birds. 

We spent at least an hour or more there trying to make Jack the cockatoo dance. Then we walked back to the tents to get ready to go to the pub. When we got to the pub it was pretty busy but we were put out side with heaters and away from the wind. It was really nice out there and peaceful. We ordered our food and drinks and just talking and laughing. 

Dad at one point came out and said that he wanted to do this challenge they have. The owner of the pub came out and started asking Mum these weird questions about Americans, rattle snakes and Australia. Then he gave Mum an envelope which had 'rattle snake eggs' in it, Mum opened the thing and something came jumping out of it. She screamed and when she jumped she almost landed in Tracey's lap! It was so funny!! Sadly nobody thought of video taping it. :( haha oh well. After we ate we all went inside and started reading some of the funny signs and cartoons they have there. We just walked around the bar reading them to each other if we found a really funny one. 

Dad then told the owner that he was ready to do the challenge. He ended up talking Jacko into doing the challenge too. Let's just say that, that was the funniest thing I have ever seen!! I think us girls died of laughter. Man, that was just, haha!  To know what the challenge is you will have to go to the Silverton Hotel & do it.



So after that we drove back to camp and started fire. We all sat around the fire for a while and laughing most if the time. We heard a donkey, don't ask me how or where it was because I have no idea. We then all started slowly going to bed and have a good nights rest before we drive to Gol Gol tomorrow. 

Photos will be uploaded later

Today's blog was by Chloe. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment