Sunday 13 July 2014

Day 23 - Goodbye My Swag, Hello Coober Pedy

Today we said goodbye to our fellow My Swaggers. Darren, Karen & little Rueben off to WA, John, Caitie & boys, Tobias, Karen & kids, Danny, Melissa & boys off to SA & Steve, Sharon & kids back to NSW. Steve & Nadia are continuing their travels. We will continue our travels with Linda & Tayla & Jacko, Tracy & kids all the way back home to Melbourne which will be good to keep the holiday going. We have had the most amazing time with the My Swag group. Seen & done incredible things & had many laughs along the way. Looking forward to seeing everyone again in 2016 in the Flinders Ranges!

Officially today is the first day for the return trip home, it was a big drive approx 830 kms to Coober Pedy. We are staying in an underground motel here for a couple of nights so it will be good to have a couple of warm nights before getting back into the camper. So far Coober Pedy is nothing that I expected, I think I read too many books, the book world very rarely matches the reality.

Sorry no photos today, just a lot of driving & no sightseeing as we passed back through most places we had already been. Tomorrow our adventure begins around the opal mines and I'm sure we will have more photos then. 

Early night for us, catching up with the gossip back home & having a nice long chat to Amber who we are missing a lot. We have a TV in our room & we haven't turned it on, I know shocking.

Today's very small blog was written by Di :)

No comments:

Post a Comment